Romanian United Fund invests in organizations operating in areas/in accordance with our predefined strategic priorities: Civic Engagement, Community Development, Education, Healthcare & Heritage.
- Systemic impact-oriented organizations
- Not bankrupt, payments up to date
- Non-religious, non-political organizations
- At least 2 years old
- In compliance with the due-diligence requirements for USA funds
- Organizations with a clear governance system (independent Board of Directors)
- Highly transparent organizations (yearly reports + financial statements)
- Efficient (operational costs below 25%)
- Organizations respecting a certain set of values (integrity, diversity, excellence)
- Urgent/important activities with a major potential impact
- Activities that have a systemic impact on the field in which the organization operates
- Activities that help the grantee develop its own institutional capacity
- Activities that multiply the revenues of the grantee (e.g. financial support for writing projects for accessing other grants)
- Grants to cover a pressing need of the organization
- Financial support for co-financing other projects
- Cofinancing of at least 20% may be required for projects over $50,000
- Projects executed in collaboration with other non-profit organizations are allowed
- The main grantee bears all the reporting and project execution responsibilities
- All subgrantees have to be pre-approved by RUF
NOTE: the above conditions are provided as guidelines, they are non-binding and they are subject to change.
Do you like this page?