Funds Sources: Education Campaign
Project Name: Tigla doneaza Istorie salveaza
Link: Facebook Fundraiser
Community Partner: Asociatia Monumentum (Profile | Website )
Starting Date: April 2022
Project Status: Completed
Total Project Budget: $23,387
Requested from RUF: $18,750
Financed by RUF: $18,750
RUF matching fund: $1,000
Project in Numbers:
- 1000 donors involved in the fundraising campaign in partnership with RUF
- 170 volunteers signed up for the continuation of the church safety work in 2023
- 80 volunteers engaged over 1 month
- 4 families from the village involved during the works
- 1 volunteer from the village, student at the Art High School of Bistrita, restoration section, involved during the works
- 15 people from the community participated at the event marking the completion of the project
The project aims to preserve the roof of fortified Chmch's ensemble in Vermes, located on the site of a 3000-year-old history.
The intervention will save from collapse the oldest and most fragile part of the historical monument, in which were discovered frescoes and paintings made on the plaster of the walls in the 14th and
The Evangelical church in Vermes, today the Orthodox Church "St. Arch. Mihail and Gavriil" is one of the most representative of the fortified churches built by the Sa.xons in the land of Nosterland, in Northern Transylvania. The current form was built in the 15th century, together with the bell tower and the perimeter defense wall. The church is in severe disrepair and needs urgent work to save it from ruin.
We put 3300 tiles on sale at the symbolic price of €5/tile; this includes purchasing the 3300 old tiles, the cost of wood, restoration, accommodation, and meals for the volunteers. Donators' names will forever remain linked to the saving of this church because they will be inscribed on one of the new tiles we will produce at the traditional tile factory in Apo and placed on the church's roof in Verrue. The PETRUS ITAL US TRUST will carry out the emergency intervention through the project AMBULANCE FOR MONUMENTS BISTRITA-NAs.AUD and in partnership with the RO1\1ANIAN UNITED FUND and the MONUMENTUM Association.
Do you like this page?