Fund Amount: $60,000
The awarded projects are:
- “Inclusive Digital Solutions for Under-Served Students” - Teach for Romania (May - September 2020)
- Protection kits for chronically ill and financially vulnerable children - Asociatia Magic (May - July 2020)
- “Romanian Health System explained” - Recorder (May-October 2020)
- “Summer Camps 2020 - sanitary protection supplies” - Noi Orizonturi (June-August 2020)
- “Triage Unit for Medical Missions” - Caravana cu Medici (July - December 2020)
In the context of the current worldwide crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Romanian United Fund (RUF) has raised funds with the support of thousands of individual donors and its Community Partners. During March-May 2020, more than $700,000 have been raised for urgent needs: testing supplies, personal protective equipment for medical professionals, and their patients, as well as for other essential workers, and food supplies for isolated families and the elderly.
Most of these funds have been collected through designated Facebook campaigns, initiated and coordinated through our Community Partners. However, about 430 fundraisers have been initiated with the general purpose of supporting RUF in its own fight against COVID-19 in Romania. The total donated to RUF on Facebook and on our website is approximately $60,000. In order to direct those aforementioned funds to support the current crisis in Romania, on May 4th, 2020, RUF opened the „COVID-19 Emergency Fund '' (the “Fund”) Call for Grant Proposals.
This Fund supports projects that aim to solve a problem/issue that is urgent in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic in Romania (Bucharest and all counties). Since the crisis has different layers of urgency and has affected all the social aspects of the country, we took into consideration projects from different areas: healthcare, education, social services, human rights, etc.
The Fund’s total amount is $60,000. Each Project budget can be between $5,000-$15,000. All of our 11 community partners were eligible to submit a grant proposal.