Campaign Name: United We Make a Difference
Campaign Start: Feb 25th, 2022
Campaign Platforms: website | facebook | instagram
Campaign Status: CLOSED
Campaign Funding: $207,902
Last update: April 30th, 2022
Update April 30th, 2022: $13,000 Matching Funds CLOSED
In partnership with the Embassy of Romania to the United States. 100% of the funds go to carefully vetted partners active in the crisis area, including Red Cross Romania, Save the Children Romania, and World Vision Romania.
Ready to do more? Create your own Facebook fundraiser 100% pass-through for Peace in Ukraine.
April 30, 2022 Update
We are happy to report that RUF raised, on behalf of our Partners a total of $371,117 by April 30, 2022, as part of our Ukraine Peace Campaign. The money has been raised and is being distributed as follows:
- $207,902 donated to the Ukrainian Peace Fund
- $62,275 donated to UiPath's Solidarity Fund
- $100,940 donated to House of Ukrainian Friends
Selection and approval
Our selection process started with an independent audit and evaluation by outside experts. During this stage of the process, an evaluation system was created, and subsequently, all projects received a discrete score from each evaluator.
On April 15th, 2022, an RUF committee was formed by members of the Board of Directors and RUF volunteers. The committee then selected the following organizatons/projects for financing. Two other projects were also selected for support using matching funds only.
- World Vision Romania: $64,380 (wired)
- Crucea Rosie Romana: $20,000 (wired)
- Salvati Copiii Romania: $20,000 (wired)
- Asociatia Ingeri pentru Suflete: $15,000 (waiting for documentation)
- Asociatia Sange pentru Romania: $15,000 (waiting for documentation)
- Asociatia pentru Relatii Comunitare (ARC): $20,000 (wired)
- Fundatia Regala Principesa Margareta a Romaniei: $20,000 (wired)
- Caravana cu Medici: $8,500 (wired)
- Fundatia Inovatii Sociale Regina Maria: $8,000 (waiting for documentation)
- Code for Romania: $8,000 (wired)
- Geeks for Democracy: $8,000 (wired)
- UiPath Foundation: $62,275 (wired)
- House of Ukrainian Friends: $87,667 (wired)
Currently, several projects are in different stages of contracting and finance. We will continue to update our website as more changes occur. Thank you for your patience.
Learn more about the projects we financed on our projects page.
May 16th micro update
As of today, the funding has also been made to the following organizations: ARC (wired), Fundatia Margareta(wired), Code for Romania(wired), Geeks for Dem(wired), UiPath(wired)
Use of Funds
You gave because you wanted to provide relief to the people affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. Also because RUF is a 100% pass-through organization.
The funds you raised will be used to purchase and provide Ukrainian refugees with:
- food & clothing
- medicine & hygiene items
- shelter, heating & necessary equipment
- psychological, educational, and asylum support
100% of the funds will be transparently granted to carefully vetted partners that are actively engaged in the crisis area, including Red Cross Romania, Save the Children Romania, and World Vision Romania. All three organizations are highly reputable and have long-term ties to RUF.
We have a responsibility to remit these funds as soon as possible. However, we also need to help as many people as possible where they need it most.
After careful evaluation of multiple organizations providing support to the refugees, we chose three already vetted non-profit organizations in Romania that are actively engaged in the crisis area and have shown a significant long-term commitment to the relief efforts.
Criteria for Selection
In creating the selection and evaluation grid for our partners, we worked with independent experts from RUF's Board of Advisors.
The criteria for the selection of our grantee/recipient organizations are:
- Long term commitment to the relief efforts
- Actively engaged in the crisis area
- Institutional capacity to deal with international crises
- Commitment to transparency (budget, audit, reporting)
- Services offered (medicine, hygiene, shelter, etc)
- Experience in working with RUF
We are grateful for the support of the Consulate General of Chicago, The Federation of Romanian American Organizations, Repatriot, the Romanian Cultural Institute, and the FORA member organizations: Romanul CT, Immigration Research Forum, ARCS Project, Alianta, ARCHER, Association of Romanians in New England, Bucharest Inside the Beltway, Children's International NFP, HORA in Minnesota, Making Waves, Romanian American Freedom Alliance, Romanian at Heart, Romanians of DC.
Ukraine Peace Campaign Volunteers
Do you like this page?