Certification as Affiliate Organization
Step 1) Fill in your contact information
Step 2) Join our support group and announce that you started the process
Step 3) Register your organization on RUF's website
Step 4) Email self-certification documents to [email protected] (see list of docs below)
NOTE: once everything is approved, we sign a partnership framework contract. Each subsequent grant is made based on an annex (attachment) to the framework contract
LEARN MORE: Fundraising with RUF
- Statute and additional documents (if any) accompanied by the authentication conclusions and the related court decisions
- Registration in the Register of Associations and Foundations (for Romanian Nonprofits) or FEIN decision (for US Nonprofits)
- Tax registration certificate
- Abbreviated balance sheet ("Bilantz") for the previous year, registered with the Financial Administration or the most recent monthly Balance Sheet, signed and stamped
- List of Board members: Name, Email, Phone, Professional affiliation, and Linkedin profile
- Completed in Pre-Grant Inquiry Form
- Two brief letters of recommendation (see Criteria for Approval document - link above)
- Logo: send more options if you have them. A square logo is preferred to a rectangular one.
Email all documents to: [email protected]
An RUF Affiliate Organization is a 501c3 nonprofit-equivalent entity from outside of the United States that has met all the criteria for approval, has passed through RUF's Due Diligence process and has been approved by RUF as a potential recipient of funds.
Once approved, an Affiliate Organization is eligible to raise and receive funding through RUF, from any donor in the United States.
Generally, the process lasts 1-3 weeks. We have a dedicated team that collects all the documents, verifies them and then the organization must be approved by our Board of Directors.
Follow the steps listed on our Register Affiliate Organization page.
The main conditions are 501c3 equivalent and 2 years of activity. See detailed information on our Affiliate Organization Conditions page.
Romanian United Fund has a long-term contract with its Community Partners, providing support, guidance, fundraising expertise and access to RUF's regular fundraising campaigns. We continuously work with our Community Partners throughout the year.
RUF's relations with its Affiliate Organizations are more ad hoc, on a project-by-project basis. Although we may promote our Affiliates to our Diaspora community, via our website or during our various fundraising programs, we do not do regular fundraising for Affiliate Organizations and our interactions are more limited.
Affiliate Organizations are prime candidates for being selected as new Community Partners in the future, especially if they prove sustained activity and a systemic impact as described below.
To find out more about:
- Definition of Affiliate Organizations
- Criteria for Approval
- Comparison with Community Partners
- Financial requirements, etc.
Please visit Affiliate Organizations Conditions.
Do you like this page?